You're a visual person and a master of organization and efficiency. As Team Leader, you play a key role in creating our striking merchandise design. Positive, creative and enthusiastic, you think quickly on your feet and adapt easily to change. Supporting the Assistant Store Manager, Visual, you help to plan, perform and supervise the work of the merchandising team, shifting your focus as needed - and shifting scheduling - to put visual plans into action. You ensure product on the sales floor is well-stocked and always ready for customers to shop. You are both a mentor and a leader to Merchandising Associates. You communicate the overall design vision, answer questions, provide productive feedback and lead by example in performing high-level assignments. Your excellent communication skills also cross channels to the sales team to ensure visual merchandising is supporting their efforts.
- Lead designated functional team and manage associate workload as determined in partnership with the Assistant Store Manager.
- Coach Department Specialists and associates on exceptional performance and maintain a strong visible presence in the department/work area.
- Partner with the Assistant Store Manager to train and develop associates on product knowledge, selling, customer service, operations, visual, policies, and procedures, as applicable.
- Maintain an understanding of new store initiatives and communicate changes to the Department Specialists and associates, ensuring adoption throughout the store, into a steady state.
- Focus on promoting and driving sales, maintaining an awareness of the current product in a store and not in a store.
- Review KPI results, working with Assistant Store Managers to identify opportunities and corrective actions.
- Communicate regularly with the applicable functional Assistant Store Manager to review business results, execution of plans/strategies, customer feedback and associate performance.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service by setting expectations and modeling behaviors.
We first opened our doors in 1962 as a family business. A husband and wife team named Gordon and Carole Segal, and one (yes, count them...one) eager sales associate who was enthusiastic about their vision. One can only imagine the office parties they had. Table for three, please. Fast forward 40 years. And did it ever go fast. Today's Crate and Barrel family has grown to 150 stores and over 7,000 associates nationwide. And, we might add, still growing.
Live the Crate and Barrel lifestyle with our exclusive collection of home furnishings and housewares classic to contemporary.