- Ensured overall operational integrity of the store in absence of store manager, with oversight of vital functional areas and increased sales.
- Mentor and guide employees ensuring all are trained in product knowledge and capable of performing assigned duties.
- Provide exceptional customer service with greeting and acknowledging all customers in a friendly, professional manner.
- Demonstrates knowledge of company's mission, purpose, goals, and the ability to help employees successfully achieve them.
- Assumes the criteria and responsibility of a team leader by creating more production in the store to grow and exceed all sales, plans, and goals.
- Adheres to rigorous standards for customer service, merchandising, operational safety and the store security policies and guidelines.
- Supports The Danish Pastry house's commitment to exceptional, responsive service in all interactions with employees and customers.
- Demonstrates ability to set an appropriate pace and tone for the store. - Communicates effectively with Team Members and sets clear expectations for productivity and follows up on assigned tasks.
Are you personable and friendly with excellent customer service skills? Do you love a challenging and fast paced work environment?
Are you resilient and adaptable, capable of reacting to change with openness and confidence? Do you demonstrate definitive leadership ability with an emphasis on customer service & sales?
Do you have experience leading a team and assuming managerial responsibilities?
We may be the right fit for you!
Capable ASM candidates who meet the following criteria:
-Proven experience in leadership and hands-on ASM of a team of 5-10 people.
-Responsibilities including but not limited to: Opening/Closing responsibilities including proper Cash management and paperwork, Coaching and Motivating team members to maximize sales and provide excellent customer service, ensuring high standards of merchandising are maintained, motivate team members to work together to develop a winning team focused on SAMPLING, SALES and MERCHANDISING. Seeking and acting on feedback and learns through experience.
-Takes initiative to proactively address critical issues, and help provide solutions. -Effective Time management and strong organizational skills
-Open availability. We are open seven days a week from as early as 8:30 am and close as late as 10 pm. We are unable to hire candidates who cannot work evenings and/or weekends. Please specify any limitations to your availability on your resume.
-Above all else we are seeking candidates who have flexibility and demonstrate willingness to help out when needed and do what needs to be done while maintaining a positive attitude and setting a great example.
-SERIOUS AND QUALIFIED APPLICANTS ONLY! -Wages commensurate with experience.
**WEEKEND AVAILABILITY IS REQUIRED**
As a Dane, growing up in a Danish household, my love for the centuries-old tradition of enjoying fresh baked goods, crafted by hand, began at a very early age. Breakfast in our home consisted of strong black coffee and rye bread (rugbrod) or a white loaf known as French bread (franskbrod). If it was an extra special day or the weekend, we might also have a piece of deliciously flaky wienerbrod (Vienna Bread) - known throughout the world as "Danish pastry".
My mother and I enjoyed many cozy times together making bread and pastries by hand with recipes handed down over two centuries. We experienced a concept that the Danes are very familiar with called "Hygge". Hygge is difficult to describe or define as it can mean so many different experiences to each of us. For my own family, it would best be summed up as a cozy time spent relaxing and eating a meal together.
I founded The Danish Pastry House out of a deep respect and love for these timeless traditions of baking authentic pastries, rustic bread and other classic Danish bakery items - all of which are greatly loved and reminiscent of old Denmark and years of enjoying family hygge. I have gathered up some of Denmark's finest young pastry chefs and bakers to come to Canada and facilitate my commitment to authenticity, taste, and tradition.