As a member of the Banana Republic field leadership team, the Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the GM and/ or Associate Manager in creating the conditions for success in all aspects of their store's business, including sourcing and training all Brand Ambassadors; executing store strategy to deliver annual field priorities, and creating a compelling customer centric experience. The Assistant Manager supports the GM and Associate Manager in sharing the vision for the store, communicating in a way that each employee is aware of their contribution to the store's success. Additionally, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading a rotating Division of Responsibility (Product, Talent and Operations) while achieving key business goals.
What you'll do
- Business Results: Supports the inspiration of the team to achieve results and perform at a high level. Is knowledgeable about the competition and market trends to positively impact business. Drives productivity of the team. Monitors labor to maximize productivity, optimize traffic and achieve sales goals. Contributes to the implementation of product placement, marketing and promotional strategies. Supports strategies and processes that deliver results.
- Customer Centric: Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers. Establishes effective relationships to build brand loyalty. Fosters a healthy and productive environment where employees can maximize their potential. Ensures the team executes operational excellence through a customer centric mindset.
- Ambassador: Represents the brand, understands the competitors and supports excellent tenant and community relationships. Promotes store involvement with our Community in Action programs. Upholds high quality store experiences for the internal and external customer. Supports effective cross brand and store center partnerships.
- Builds Highly Productive Teams: Sources, selects and develops high potential talent, effectively assessing for skill and cultural fit. Accountable for team performance through, coaching and feedback. Teaches and trains Brand Ambassadors to build skill.
- Passionate: Knowledgeable and passionate about Banana Republic, our customer and our product.
- Accountable: Holds team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance. Supports efforts to reduce in store shrink activity through education and awareness. Ensures compliance to all Federal, Provincial, State and Gap Inc. employment requirements.
Who you are
- 1-3 years of retail management experience
- Customer focused
- Demonstrated ability to deliver results
-Basic business acumen skills
- Planning and prioritization skills
- Communicates effectively
- Tech savvy
- College Degree preferred
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
- Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and office
- Travel between stores and outside the state/province, if necessary
- Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
Banana Republic was founded with an explorer's spirit and a desire to venture to new places, beyond the boundaries of the everyday. Our clothing is designed for a life with no boundaries.
We travel near and far in search of the finest materials and fabric innovations to infuse style with substance, because we believe that what you wear should open a world of possibilities. And the people that make up Banana Republic share the same qualities as our brand: curious, connected, undaunted by boundaries. Sound like you? Join us for the adventure of what's next.