Reporting to the Service/Assistant Service Manager actively contributes to service standards of the department to ensure that all product and sales goals are achieved through the conscientious application of Sporting Life merchandising standards to achieve our mission statement: To be a retailer with Passion, Knowledge, Integrity committed to a relentless desire to improve our performance in creating the highest quality shopping experience for all Customers and Staff.
· Provides excellent customer service in all aspects of servicing product
· Provides excellent technical service in a timely manner while achieving quality results
· Participates in execution of responsibilities on the department job lists
· Promotes the Sporting Life House Philosophy consistently in all aspects of the business
· Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service, shop readiness, shop cleanliness, control of assets, health and safety practices and compliance with Sporting Life policies
· Controls shortage through inventory control and adherence to Loss Prevention guidelines
· Maintains appropriate paperwork regarding work orders, etc.
· Performs other related duties as required
· Enthusiasm for excellent customer service
· Ability to provide excellent technical service (i.e. bike building, tuning, and repair; racquet stringing and service; ski tuning and repair; binding, mounting, and inspection; and in-line skate maintenance)
· High standard of professionalism
· Enthusiasm for serving public ensuring that all customers are cared for equally and in accordance with Sporting Life standards
· Excellent communication and organization skills
· Friendly, outgoing personality
· A self-starter who works well independently
· Committed to maintaining required technical skills and continually upgrading knowledge as the company makes training available
· Professional experience working with customers' bikes
Sporting Life is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we should be able to help out with the same.
The Sporting Life is invigorating, fun, and satisfying; its ski, après ski and everything in between. It is beach time with the kids or spin class at the club. From perfecting your swing to getting back on the old bike, the Sporting Life is hiking the trails of Algonquin or lounging on a boat in the Andaman Sea. The Sporting Life is the good life, and our customers are living it!
Sporting Life is a place where our customers can find the best, quality, brand name fashion and sports equipment that supports the active and energetic lifestyle that our customers live and love.
Sporting Life opened in 1979 with the belief that we could offer quality products and well-known brands that enhance our customer’s active lifestyle. Sporting Life has experienced consistent growth over the years, which can be attributed to innovation and excellent customer service, becoming a respected retailer who is known for top-of-the-line sports equipment and fashion.