The Laura Service Coordinator provides exemplary customer service to every customer. In this role, you will support the store in all non-selling functions as per our policies and procedures i.e. POS procedures, merchandising, markdowns, cash desk, and administrative functions.
Merchandise and Visual Presentation
- Places goods on the sales floor and window mannequins in accordance with visual merchandising directives.
- Unpacks and accurately verifies all incoming merchandise, steaming where necessary and removing excess tags respecting SOP guidelines.
- Assists management by changing product placement within the store to ensure color and product stories are coherent, especially as new goods are received regularly and older goods are sold.
- Completes markdowns and prepares outgoing merchandise (i.e. transfers and special orders) quickly and accurately.
- Ensures Health and Safety standards are met at all times (i.e. backroom clear and free of garbage, exit doors not blocked, hangers stored safely).
- Provides exemplary customer service at cash desk (stop, drop and serve when a client needs assistance, manage line-up, acknowledge clients in line, fold and handle merchandise with care, etc)
- Promotes any loyalty program to all customers.
- Handles customer issues, returns, special orders, exchanges or comments in a professional and positive manner.
- Helps customers returning items find suitable alternatives, considering their unique needs.P.O.S. System
- Executes all P.O.S. procedures accurately and efficiently (i.e. refunds, transfers, special orders, etc.).
- Controls all cash handling and adheres to the loss prevention policies and procedures
- Completes administrative functions as directed (i.e. extracting communications received via email, special orders, supply orders, etc.)
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in a retail environment
- Strong visual merchandising intuition
- Completes tasks quickly, with a sense of urgency
- Attention to detail
- Flexible to the hours of the business
- Lifts approximately 20-50 lbs of product/boxes
Do you have a passion for retail? Want to be challenged and grow? Think outside the box, work collaboratively, and know how to motivate others? Laura Canada offers an entrepreneurial, family owned and operated workplace that may be the perfect home for you!
Laura Canada was founded in 1930 and is the creator, owner, and operator of two iconic brands Melanie Lyne and Laura, which includes Laura Petites and Laura Plus which are showcased to a loyal group of customers, in over 140 locations across Canada and online. This is a time of significant change in retail, and we are looking for new team members to help us thrive.