Reporting to the General Manager, manages all facets of the store operation to ensure that customer service standards are maintained and all product and sales goals are achieved through the conscientious application of Sporting Life standards contributes to achieving our mission statement: To be a retailer with Passion, Knowledge, Integrity committed to a relentless desire to improve our performance in creating the highest quality shopping experience for all Customers and Staff.
· Serves as a role model for all customer services standards
· Provides excellent customer service to Sporting Life's internal and external customer
· Promotes the Sporting Life House Philosophy consistently in all aspects of the business
· Resolves and makes final decisions when necessary regarding customer complaints, ensuring 100% customer satisfaction
· Holds full accountability for attaining location profitability targets including sales and wage targets, IPT goals and the highest level of customer service
· Plans, organizes, directs and controls day to day operations through the management team to maximize sales and profitability
· Collaborates and works with the General Merchandise Manager to execute merchandise presentation initiatives and directives
· Motivates and leads managers and staff regarding customer service, readiness for business, merchandising of product, store cleanliness, health and safety practices, employee relations, and compliance with Sporting Life policies and procedures
· Reviews recruitment needs and oversees staff orientation
· Directs training initiatives and constantly evaluates programs and training needs
· Accounts for and reports on: cost of operations, sales, profits, inventory levels and turnover, productivity and staff performance, control of assets etc.
· Directs and controls opening and closing procedures and ready for business standards
· Controls shortage and loss ensuring all loss prevention standards are promoted and complied with; Available for store related alarm calls
· Stays abreast of consumer and competitive developments regarding promotions, pricing, trends, tastes and preferences
· Performs other related assignments and duties as required
· 5 10 years of progressive retail management experience with proven leadership ability
· Strong soft goods and fashion background
· Equivalent of post-secondary degree or diploma in a business related discipline
· Understanding and identifying with the basic goals of Sporting Life
· Excellent communication skills
· Strong controlling skills to manage budgets and schedules
· Strong sense of urgency in dealing with business and staff needs
· Ability to think in a disciplined and logical manner
· Maintaining a balance between a concern for people and a concern for production
· Superior analytical skills and Solid understanding of retail math
· Basic P.C software and AS400 operating knowledge
Sporting Life is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The Sporting Life is invigorating, fun, and satisfying; its ski, après ski and everything in between. It is beach time with the kids or spin class at the club. From perfecting your swing to getting back on the old bike, the Sporting Life is hiking the trails of Algonquin or lounging on a boat in the Andaman Sea. The Sporting Life is the good life, and our customers are living it!
Sporting Life is a place where our customers can find the best, quality, brand name fashion and sports equipment that supports the active and energetic lifestyle that our customers live and love.
Sporting Life opened in 1979 with the belief that we could offer quality products and well-known brands that enhance our customer’s active lifestyle. Sporting Life has experienced consistent growth over the years, which can be attributed to innovation and excellent customer service, becoming a respected retailer who is known for top-of-the-line sports equipment and fashion.