Actively contributes to customer service and sales of the department to ensure that all product and sales goals are achieved through the conscientious application of Sporting Life standards to achieve our mission statement: To be a retailer with Passion, Knowledge, Integrity committed to a relentless desire to improve our performance in creating the highest quality shopping experience for all Customers and Staff.
- Provides excellent customer service in all steps of the sales process
- Participates in execution of responsibilities on the department job lists
- Promotes the Sporting Life House Philosophy consistently in all aspects of the business Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service, store readiness, merchandising and restocking of product, store cleanliness, control of assets, health and safety practices and compliance with Sporting Life policies
- Controls shortage through inventory control and adherence to Loss Prevention guidelines Attends all required training for the position of Sales Associate
- Assists other team members, as required
- Maintains appropriate paperwork regarding returns, telephone and special orders Performs other related duties as required.
Health & Safety Functions:
- Adheres to the Occupational Health and Safety Act (OHSA), specifically Employee's Responsibilities (Section 28)
Uses or wears equipment, protective devices or clothing that Sporting Life requires Reports all hazards to the Department/Store Manager
- Follows all safety related rules, instructions, or signage at all times
- Reports any absence of or defect in equipment or protective devices to the Department/Store Manager.
- Operates equipment only upon being trained on the equipment
- Promotes health & safety consistently in all aspects of the business
SPECIFIC SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- 1-2 years of hardgoods sales experience in the retail environment
- Knowledge and experience with hardgoods products and equipment (bikes, skis, snowboards, racquets etc.)
- Enthusiasm for sales and excellent customer service and high standard of professionalism Passion for serving public ensuring that all customers are cared for equally and in accordance with Sporting Life standards
- Excellent communication and organization skills & outgoing personality
- Committed to maintaining personal product knowledge and continually upgrading knowledge as the company makes training available
- Meeting and exceeding personal sales goals
- Ensuring 100% customer service satisfaction
- Meeting and exceeding merchandising requirements
- Continuous efforts to reduce shrink and prevent loss of merchandise
The Sporting Life is invigorating, fun, and satisfying; its ski, après ski and everything in between. It is beach time with the kids or spin class at the club. From perfecting your swing to getting back on the old bike, the Sporting Life is hiking the trails of Algonquin or lounging on a boat in the Andaman Sea. The Sporting Life is the good life, and our customers are living it!
Sporting Life is a place where our customers can find the best, quality, brand name fashion and sports equipment that supports the active and energetic lifestyle that our customers live and love.
Sporting Life opened in 1979 with the belief that we could offer quality products and well-known brands that enhance our customer’s active lifestyle. Sporting Life has experienced consistent growth over the years, which can be attributed to innovation and excellent customer service, becoming a respected retailer who is known for top-of-the-line sports equipment and fashion.