The Body shop is a major global beauty retail business who is inspired by Nature, Saving the Planet, and being 100% Cruelty-Free. To bring our stores and products to life, we have a team of exceptional individuals working tirelessly behind the scenes and stand behind our values. If there is such a thing as the "it factor" in business, it is at The Body Shop, where you will discover how to work in a fast-paced, fun, energized work environment, helping to ensure our customers receive the best beauty products on the market.
To partner with the Shop Manager in the management of all assigned areas of the shop, including operational audits, Retail Academy initiatives as well as supporting the Shop Manager with recruiting and hiring.
In particular, to be committed to maintaining high professional standards in the areas of sales performance, customer service, visual merchandising, stock control, health & safety, shop operations, recruitment and training, and development.
Key Job Accountabilities:
- Assist the Shop Manager to achieve shop sales targets in conjunction with achieving individual sales goals established by the Shop Manager and the business
- Adhere to all Company Policies and procedures as per The Body Shop Employee Handbook, Shop Operations Manuals, and Body Talk (Company Intranet)
- Perform opening and closing procedures for the shop as per The Body Shop's operational standards including the completion of all audit documentation
- Complete business reports accurately and on time as directed by the Shop Manager and District Manager
- Assist in the recruitment, retention, training & development of high performing and diverse teams
- Clarify expectations and provide on-going constructive feedback to the shop team where appropriate
- Delegate appropriately, giving responsibility and development opportunities where possible
- Provide on-going coaching, training and development for the shop team using The Body Shop Retail Academy training materials and selling techniques for onboarding new and current employees
- Effectively execute visual merchandising to Company standards
- To exemplify The Body Shop grooming guidelines and support the shop team to reflect the brand image.
- Adhere to all Health & Safety policies & procedures in accordance with respective provincial requirements and Company policies
- Adhere to all Profit Protection policies and procedures
- Maintain the shop to the highest standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Responsible for maintaining the ethical standards of The Body Shop including minimizing the environmental, health and safety risks in the workplace. Report potential risks, near misses and real accidents to relevant managers and Body Talk
- The Assistant Shop Manager will demonstrate and uphold the commitment and vision of the Company.
- Maintain regular attendance and timeliness for all scheduled shifts
- To undertake any other duties as and when directed by store management
The Body Shop Employees / Customers
- Experience working within a customer service and/ or beauty environment with both sales and service targets
- Working knowledge of shop operation processes
- Demonstrated success in driving sales by leading and motivating a team
- The ability to solve problems in a timely manner
- History of promotions and increased responsibilities
- Work flexible hours, including holidays, nights and weekends to meet the needs of the business
- Basic computer skills
- High School Diploma or GED required (preferred)
The Body Shop International plc is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity. Should you require any accommodation in the interview process, please notify human resources or the interviewer.
The Body Shop International plc, the natural and ethical beauty brand, is uncompromising in its adherence to its Values. We strive for the perfect marriage of creative, innovative and effective products with strong integration of our Values. This continues to differentiate our Brand for 300 million customers worldwide, transgressing cultural and national points of difference everywhere.
We have over 2,700 stores in over 66 countries and territories worldwide. We continue to reach out to customers around the world through opening new stores, launching e-commerce sites, opening sub-franchise businesses and identifying selective wholesale in new markets plus adding new Global Travel Retail locations around the world.
Natural, sensorial and ethical: these are truly the Values that resonate with consumers in the 21st century and this is perfectly aligned with the Brand Values that have been in place at The Body Shop for more than 35 years. Our Values are against animal testing, support community fair trade, activate self-esteem, defend human rights and protect our planet.
We also have our own charity, The Body Shop Foundation. Launched in 1990 (registered charity no. 802757) we give financial support to pioneering, frontline organizations that otherwise have little hope of conventional funding. The Foundation's focus is to assist those working to achieve progress in the areas of human and civil rights, environmental and animal protection.
Find out more about our parent company online at https://www.thebodyshop.com.