As a member of the Banana Republic field leadership team, the Assistant Manager is responsible for supporting the GM and/ or Associate Manager in creating the conditions for success in all aspects of their store's business, including sourcing and training all Brand Ambassadors; executing store strategy to deliver annual field priorities, and creating a compelling customer-centric experience. The Assistant Manager supports the GM and Associate Manager in sharing the vision for the store, communicating in a way that each employee is aware of their contribution to the store's success. Additionally, the Assistant Manager is responsible for leading a rotating Division of Responsibility (Product, Talent, and Operations) while achieving key business goals.
- Supports the inspiration of the team to achieve results and perform at a high level.
- Is knowledgeable about the competition and market trends to positively impact business.
- Drives productivity of the team. Monitors labor to maximize productivity, optimize traffic and achieve sales goals.
- Contributes to the implementation of product placement, marketing, and promotional strategies.
- Supports strategies and processes that deliver results.
- Exceeds the expectations of internal and external customers.
- Establishes effective relationships to build brand loyalty.
- Fosters a healthy and productive environment where employees can maximize their potential.
- Ensures the team executes operational excellence through a customer-centric mindset.
- Represents the brand, understands the competitors and supports excellent tenant and community relationships.
- Promotes store involvement with our Community in Action programs.
- Upholds high-quality store experiences for the internal and external customer.
- Supports effective cross brand and store center partnerships.
Builds Highly Productive Teams:
- Sources, selects and develops high potential talent, effectively assessing for skill and cultural fit.
- Accountable for team performance through, coaching and feedback.
- Teaches and trains Brand Ambassadors to build skill.
Passionate: Knowledgeable and passionate about Banana Republic, our customer and our product.
- Holds team and self-accountable to all Gap Inc. standards of performance.
- Supports efforts to reduce in-store shrink activity through education and awareness.
- Ensures compliance with all Federal, Provincial, State and Gap Inc. employment requirements.
· 1-3 years of retail management experience
· Customer focused
· Demonstrated ability to deliver results
· Basic business acumen skills
· Planning and prioritization skills
· Communicates effectively
· Tech savvy
· College Degree preferred
· Ability to lift up to 30 pounds
· Ability to maneuver around sales floor, stockroom and office
· Travel between stores and outside the state/province, if necessary
· Open availability to meet the needs of the business, including evenings and weekends
Banana Republic Brand Ambassador: We are team players who are engaging, sociable, team-oriented and stylish. We are passionate about fashion and trend and always do what is right for our customers. We create a customer centric environment and are relentless about exceeding goals. We are curious, honest and kind; we bring joy to everyone.
Engaging: We are inviting, easily connecting with others. We are passionate, approachable and in service to our customers. We recognize others successes. Sociable: We actively seek new experiences, information, and knowledge. We proactively solicit feedback from our internal and external customers, responding quickly to feedback. We are digitally connected and socially conscious. Team Oriented: We work together to achieve our goals. We are supportive, respectful and caring. We remain resilient in difficult situations. Stylish: We are enthusiastic and knowledgeable about product and trend. Our style is relevant and chic.