Sales Associate Description
Join the loudest store in the mall! We're looking for music and pop culture fanatics to help create the best experience for our customers. As a Hot Topic Sales Associate, you'll be a huge part of our success by providing the best customer service, ensuring that fellow fans are able to get their hands on the Merch they love. You'll share your fandom knowledge, stock and replenish product, and help merchandise the store in a visually appealing way, all while being hyper focused on the in-store experience.
Sales Associate Requirements
· Previous experience working in a retail environment. If you love music and pop culture, you're in the right place!
· Superpowers in providing customer service and selling
· You'll have to be at least 16 years of age to join the fandom force
· Avenger like collaboration and communication skills
· The usual retail stuff: able to stand and walk around during scheduled hours, reaching for Merch using ladder, step stool and poles. You'll also have to be able to move around boxes awesome merchandise that may weigh up to 50 pounds
It all started in 1988. A ton of teen retail accessory stores littered the malls, but there weren't any cool, music-inspired accessory destinations for both guys and girls. Enter Hot Topic. As 1990 rolled around, adding apparel seemed like a no-brainer, so we brought in the ultimate music fan essential: band T-shirts. Customers flipped when they walked into Hot Topic stores and saw Bauhaus, The Cure, TSOL, and Depeche Mode rock tees.
Within a year, we offered about 50 different band titles, along with rock-inspired clothing lines like Lip Service and Serious. As we continued to expand, we discovered that our customers were also drawn to the underground cartoon, cult movie, and comic book scenes, so we brought the world of South Park, Care Bears, Superman, SpongeBob and tons of other pop icons right to them!
Today, Hot Topic offers band-related apparel and accessories, licensed merchandise, and fashion apparel and accessories. Nearly 25 years since our founding, you can still feel the passion for music and pop culture in everything we do.