Hours 30 to 40 Hours / Week
Terms of employment
- Permanent Full time, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend
- Quick learner
- Able to multi-task and work in a fast paced environment
- Effective interpersonal and oral communication skills
- Efficient at providing excellent customer service
- Reliable and consistent
- Highly organized individual
- Team player
Work conditions and physical capabilities
- Fast-paced environment, Combination of sitting, standing, walking, Standing for extended periods, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Ability to Lead and organize
- 10-20 people
- Establish methods to meet work schedules, Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures
- Co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food. Ensure food service and quality control, Maintain records of stock, sales, and wastage, Prepare reports, Prepare food order summaries for chef, Check assembly of trays, Efficient re-stocking.
Credentials (certificates, licenses, memberships, courses, etc.)
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
- Education - degree, certificate or diploma experience an asset
In 1956, the first A&W drive-in restaurant in Canada opened on Portage Avenue in Winnipeg. Serving a delicious combination of great-tasting burgers, onion rings and frosted mugs of famous A&W Root Beer®all from the smiling faces of friendly car hopsA&W proved to be an instant hit. A&W Restaurants quickly multiplied across the nation, flourishing through the late '50s and '60s.
Canada's original and fastest growing burger chain.
In many communities, A&W was the first nationally branded restaurant in town. Because we were there first, our drive-ins served as "the place to be" in town. In fact, millions of Canadians today still carry vivid memories of special moments in their lives that took place at their local A&W drive-in. Whether they were kids in the back seat of the family sedan, or just hanging out with their best friends on a Friday night checking out the hot cars, Canadian baby boomers grew up with A&W. It's an enduring friendship that is the source of A&W's continued success across Canada.
Since then, A&W has continued to grow, expanding to over 850 locations from Vancouver Island to Newfoundland. At the heart of that growth is the fact that, while so much of our world has changed, the simple things that made A&W so popular in its early days are the same today. We still serve A&W Root Beer® in frosted mugs. Our onion rings are made fresh from whole onions every day. And our Burger Family burgers are still made with fresh, quality ingredients.
You can be part of the changing face of fast food
- Serve simple, great tasting food, farmed with care
- Be part of a great working Climate
- Positively impact the environment by reducing landfill waste
- Benefit from a work schedule that meets your needs