Reporting to the Store Manager, the Assistant Store Manager creates and maintains the Roots experience for our customers and employees. The ASM supports the Store Manager with all aspects of store operations always modeling and acting in accordance with Roots guiding principles and beliefs.
Key accountabilities and responsibilities include the following:
· Assist the Store Manager in the achievement of the store sales budgets through execution of company standards, policies and procedures while exceeding customers' expectations through superior service at every opportunity.
· Demonstrates the ability to lead by example in sales and customer service.
· Assists the Store Manager in the execution of all recruitment activities
· Supports the Store Manager in providing product knowledge and selling skills training to new and existing staff.
· Execute opening and closing procedures according to company policies and procedures.
Demonstrated Interpersonal Skills
· Ability to motivate team through coaching & leadership
· Effectively manage time and prioritize tasks to meet the demands of the business
· Excellent communication (both oral and written) skills
Qualifications and Experience Required
· 2+ years in a management experience preferably in retail apparel
· Great sense of style and a love for fashion.
· Demonstrated ability to strive in a environment that is customer service driven with a focus on selling
· Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business, including nights and weekends
At Roots, we look for dynamic individuals who are not only interested in retail and fashion but who enjoy challenges, share our vision for a safer, cleaner, healthier planet and who are open to new experiences.
Roots is not only a brand, it's a culture and lifestyle. In addition to our customers, an intrinsic part of our success has always been the people who work here. Roots is a company in which you can grow and benefit from the great opportunities often available. All members of our team are encouraged to 'spread their roots'.