The Sales Associate is responsible for generating sales by providing the customer with an exceptional shopping experience. The Sales Associate maximizes sales by delivering efficient, friendly and knowledgeable service and ensuring the store is neat, clean and well-presented at all times. The Sales Associate is expected to role model AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviours in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: Store Management Team
STATUS: Part Time
- Consistently demonstrate the AEO Customer First selling standards in order to deliver a positive customer experience and achieve daily sales goals.
- Drive AE brand loyalty through being knowledgeable about all AEO loyalty programs and consistently informing customers of each program.
- Leverage company tools and technology to confidently provide the customer with product knowledge which will enhance customer engagement and maximize sales.
- Consistently provide support to fellow employees through sharing of knowledge, helping to complete tasks and/or assisting in customer interactions.
- Outfit the customer by suggesting key looks and incorporating latest trends and current promotions based on the customer's individual style.
- Promote awareness and growth of the AEO and aerie brands by introducing customers to additional brand channels.
- Perform register sales transactions quickly and accurately in accordance with established cash control procedures and customer service guidelines.
- Ensure return merchandise is restocked to the correct product location on the sales floor; all damaged and defective merchandise is properly labeled and placed in appropriate area at the end of each shift.
- Maintain company brand standards of neat, clean and organized sales floor, cash wrap, fitting room and stockroom to ensure the store environment is safe and presentable for employees and customers.
- Execute efficient and effective handling of all merchandise from shipment processing, floorsets, markdown optimization and replenishment systems while maintaining backroom Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). - Proactively resolve customer concerns in a manner consistent with company policy, and with customer satisfaction in mind; partner with store leadership team on elevated customer issues.
- Understand and adhere to all company policy and procedures.
- Previous retail experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically with customers, sales leadership team and associates.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team. - Ability to receive feedback and take action when appropriate.
- Able to stand and move about for long periods of time; reach, bend, stoop, etc. to handle products.
- Available to work a flexible schedule (subject to applicable law) to include evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fastpaced and deadlineoriented environment.
- Proficient with technology.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal and provincial equal employment opportunity and human rights laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual's race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground protected by applicable human rights legislation. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.
Aerie is bras, undies and more for every girl. We want to make our girls feel good about who they are, inside and out. It's time to think real. It's time to get real. No retouching. No supermodels. Because the real you is sexy.
AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS is built on more than 38 years of customer focus, dedication, and innovation. The company was founded with one store, in Novi, Michigan, in 1977. Today, we have more than 1,000 stores and 40,000 associates worldwide. With corporate offices across the globe - American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. has built a distinctive global company culture based on our core values People, Integrity, Passion, Innovation, and Teamwork. These values continue to shape our aspirational yet accessible brand identities. American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. operates two distinct lifestyle brands, American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie, both focusing on the 15 25-year-old consumers. We believe that our associates are our most valuable assets and we want them to feel motivated and have the freedom to be themselves at work. We strive to be an employer of choice - a place where people are excited to come to work because they believe in what we do, enjoy working with each other and have fun doing it. If you think this sounds like a fun place to work and grow your career, you're right.