Assistant Managers support Store Managers and Associate Managers with the overall daily management, sales, training, and operations of the store.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
· Delivering and Impacting Business Results
· Assist in motivating staff and align daily activities to achieve business goals
· Monitor sales floor and zone coverage to drive sales and maintain customer focus
· Model and Ensure dress code compliance
· Monitor service associate breaks and shift changes
· Communicate top and bottom sellers to Store Manager
· Respond to changing demands of the business
· Conduct hourly sales reads and coach staff on exceeding sales targets
· Achieve personal sales targets
· Protect the customer experience in all business areas
· Focus staff on the importance of the quality of our relationships with our customers
· Ensure proper training on product knowledge for staff
· Lead by example in client capture results Operational Standards
· Ensure compliance with all policies and procedures
· Ensure daily monitoring and execution of sales and payroll goals.
· Uphold and model established best practices
· Needs to be a #1 sales leader on the floor measured by sales per hour/average sales and units per transaction
· Strict compliance and adhering to the application of policies and procedures
· Demonstrates flexibility and innovation in recognizing and reacting to changing work demands
· Effectively leverages and appropriately delegates responsibilities to staff.
· Fosters a challenging and positive team environment in which members participate, cooperate with and support each other
· Provides a clear sense of direction for service associates.
· Takes accountability for personal results
· Actively supports securing company assets through effective Loss Prevention in compliance with company policies and procedures
· Is knowledgeable of and follows all policies in the company: Store Operations Manual and Store Audit Standards Point of Sales Manual, Human Resources Manual, Loss Prevention Manual, and Store Audit Standards.
Experience, Skills & Knowledge
· A minimum of 1 year of retail management experience
· Excellent interpersonal skills supporting a team environment
· Excellent English communication verbal and written
· Excellent time management/project skills
· Strong planning and organizational skills with a sense of priority for deadlines and attention to detail
· Ability to recognize and react to changing work demands
· Goal oriented: the ability to stay focused on creating winning results
· Hours/days of work vary due to the demands of the business
· Must be able to work shift standing and walking and able to lift approximately 20lbs, and to pack, unpack and move stock
Club Monaco is an international brand that designs and creates modern yet timeless clothing and accessories for women and men. Since its first store opened in Toronto in 1985, Club Monaco has been recognized by fashion influencers for its thoughtfully designed, purposeful collections featuring relevant, wearable pieces, fine fabrics, and exceptional fits. In 1999, Club Monaco became a subsidiary of the Polo Ralph Lauren CorporationSee all jobs at Club Monaco