Actively contributes to customer service in the store through the relationship established with the customer during each transaction, the information collected for marketing and the accurate handling of the cash processes from beginning to end. The conscientious application of Sporting Life standards contributes to achieving our mission statement: To be a retailer with Passion, Knowledge, Integrity committed to a relentless desire to improve our performance in creating the highest quality shopping experience for all Customers and Staff.
· Provides excellent customer service in all aspects of service including accuracy throughout each step of the cash process
· Participates in preparation for store opening, cash balancing and daily deposits
· Promotes the Sporting Life House Philosophy consistently in all aspects of the business
· Promotes the "Life Line" through the conscientious collection of names and telephone numbers at the point of purchase, and knowledge of all aspects of the programs
· Participates with the store team in achieving all aspects of service, store readiness, store cleanliness, control of assets, health and safety practices and compliance with Sporting Life policies
· Controls shortage through adherence to Loss Prevention guidelines
· Maintains and accurately completes appropriate paperwork regarding refunds, exchanges, layaways, credits, gift certificates, staff purchases.
· Performs other related duties as required
· Minimum 1-2 years cashier experience
· Committed to maintaining personal product knowledge and continually upgrading knowledge as the company makes training available
· Enthusiasm for sales and excellent customer service
· High standard of professionalism
· Enthusiasm for serving public ensuring that all customers are cared for equally and in accordance with Sporting Life standards
· Excellent communication and organization skills
· Friendly, outgoing personality
· Detail oriented with a commitment to 100% accuracy
Sporting Life is committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities. If you require accommodation, we will work with you to meet your needs.
The Sporting Life is invigorating, fun, and satisfying; its ski, après ski and everything in between. It is beach time with the kids or spin class at the club. From perfecting your swing to getting back on the old bike, the Sporting Life is hiking the trails of Algonquin or lounging on a boat in the Andaman Sea. The Sporting Life is the good life, and our customers are living it!
Sporting Life is a place where our customers can find the best, quality, brand name fashion and sports equipment that supports the active and energetic lifestyle that our customers live and love.
Sporting Life opened in 1979 with the belief that we could offer quality products and well-known brands that enhance our customer’s active lifestyle. Sporting Life has experienced consistent growth over the years, which can be attributed to innovation and excellent customer service, becoming a respected retailer who is known for top-of-the-line sports equipment and fashion.