The Assistant Manager acts as a leader in absence of, or in support of the Store Market Manager (SMM) & behaves as a business owner within the marketplace & LensCrafters organization. Represents LensCrafters as the premier destination for all vision needs within the community & delivers key performance metrics.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Delivers quality & improvement to meet or exceed all key performance indicators (KPIs):
Comp Sales, % Sales to Plan; Conversion & Customer Count, Comp Growth; Increased Traffic; Store Operating Profitability; Continuity of Care, Exam Growth & Retention Goals; Net Promoter Score; Current year objectives
- Demonstrates an understanding of retail business & the capability to transfer knowledge to superior sales & business results.
- Learns & understands the competition & market trends.
- Supports the store manager in diagnosing the business & leverages the synergies of Retail, Lab & Doctor to drive positive results.
- Supports store business plans to maximize sales & profit, leverages strengths & addresses opportunities for recovery.
- Partners with store manager to lead a team through strong knowledge & skills.
- Provides training & guidance to team members.
- Delivers clear & constructive feedback in a timely manner.
- Informs store manager of any situation that may require any development or disciplinary action of others.
- Supports recruiting, helps select high caliber team & creates a talent pipeline.
- Follows guidelines to optimally staff store.
- Shows great pride in store appearance & executes visual directives.
- Strives to maintain positive working relationships with doctors.
- Adheres to & ensures compliance of team to Company policies & procedures; meets or exceeds all goals.
- Anticipates problems before they occur; explores underlying reasons and root cause; strives for long-term solutions to problems.
- Performs & understands administrative duties.
- Maintains a safe working environment for all.
- Works a flexible schedule, including nights & weekends.
- High School graduate or equivalent
- 1+ year(s) management/supervisory experience with direct reports
- Knowledge of retail operations, processes & policies
- Strong basic math skills
- Familiarity with cash register, computers & calculators
- Must have a strong command of the English language for all written correspondence & oral communication
- Strong communicator & listener
- Demonstrated high-level of selling skills
- Proven ability to problem solve
- College degree or equivalent
- Previous experience in a leadership position within the retail & customer service industry
- Knowledge of basic optics
- Knowledge of current store merchandise
- State licensure (if applicable) &/or ABO Certification in non-licensed states
- Brand Final Inspector Certification
- Brand Quality, Fitting & Adjusting Program
Upon request and consistent with applicable laws, Luxottica will provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities who need assistance in the application and hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please contact Talent Luxottica at 877-589-8253 (513-765-2256 outside of US).
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship, veteran or military status, marital status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy or maternity leave), genetic information or any other characteristics protected by law.
At LensCrafters, we love eyes and we care about the people behind them.
LensCrafters is the largest optical retailer in North America with 900+ stores and as part of an eyewear industry leader, Luxottica, our love of eyes and a higher standard of quality have made LensCrafters a leader in vision care for over 30 years.
With a career at LensCrafters, you'll find yourself learning, growing, and interacting with some of the most passionate and talented people in the business. At the same time, you'll be helping people look and see their best.