The Sales Associate is primarily responsible for ensuring a great customer experience and maximum profitability. Performs various sales and register transactions and aids in controlling shrink through customer interaction.
1. Meets company sales goals by utilizing sales techniques and communicating product knowledge to the customer; recommends merchandise selections or helps to locate or obtain merchandise based on customer needs and desires.
2. Performs various sales and register transactions including ringing purchases, processing of cash or credit payments and counting money.
3. Maintains an awareness of customers to both increase service levels and reduce security risks; remains current on policies regarding payment and exchanges, customer service, security practices, and other applicable operations.
4. Maintains knowledge of current sales and promotions; maintains pricing and visual standards.
5. Builds and maintains a solid customer following through clienteling and wardrobing
6. Maintains standards in merchandise handling, presentation, loss prevention, and all other duties as directed by Management.
7. Participates in visual directives including monthly store sets and zone maintenance.
8. Other duties as assigned/required.
1. Must be 18 years of age or older
2. High School diploma or equivalent
3. Retail or sales experience preferred
4. Excellent communication skills
5. Excellent customer service skills
6. Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
7. Communicate with customers, Associates, and Management; wear / communicate with headset; stand and maneuver around sales floor and stockroom; operate register; lift and carry 30 pounds; hang/fold merchandise; climb, reach, push/pull, and clean
8. Regular attendance is essential to this position in order to ensure adequate coverage to meet company objectives. Ability to work a flexible work schedule, including nights, weekends, and holidays is required
The White House, opened in 1985, and Black Market, opened in 1995both founded for and run by women. The vision for each was to be a special, personal style destination for women everywhere. In 1997, the two stores became one and White House Black Market was born. We've grown since then, but women and their on-the-go, multifaceted lives continue to inspire us. We're dedicated to redefining luxury every day with elevated style and quality, exceptional service, perfect fit, and great price.
From sketch to prototype to final product, we craft our pieces with the same approach as the world's design houses. Our onsite design studios give us the edgethere we create curated collections in the highest quality fabrics with intricate details and a tailor-made feel. The only thing missing is the designer price tag.
Work, weekend, whatevereach piece in our collection is designed with versatility in mind. Our expert stylists will show you how to get more mileage from everything you wear. Plus they're always here to help with not only transforming your closet and tracking down that one elusive item but also being available before or after working hours because we know that more time is priceless.
We take fit seriously. Our collections undergo a series of rigorous tests to ensure the fabric fits real women's bodies. Each piece is worn, washed and tweaked to perfectionfrom seam to hem to hardwareno detail is overlooked. The end result is clothing that moves effortlessly with women's on-the-go, multifaceted lives. We believe you shouldn't have to sacrifice quality for the price. Value is a given with everything we do. Case in point, 90% of our collection is machine washable. It's the price we pay to give you what you wantwithout the sticker shock.