The Overnight Merchandising Associate is responsible for positively impacting the customer's experience by assisting in the implementation of floorset merchandise presentations. The Overnight Merchandising Associate is also accountable for the processing and placement of merchandise, execution of visual displays and windows, and post-floorset stockroom organization. The Overnight Merchandising Associate is expected to role model the AEO values and AEO Customer First behaviours in all actions and interactions in order to create a positive Customer First experience.
POSITION TITLE: Overnight Merchandising Associate
REPORTS TO: Store Management
STATUS: Part Time
- Recreate the merchandise presentation as illustrated in Company directed marketing and merchandising floorset documents.
- Maximize merchandise presentations by applying AEO visual standards when executing merchandising changes and updates.
- Ensure that defined product quantities are consistently presented.
- Execute assigned visual displays during floorsets as directed in company visual documents.
- Build window and upper displays, dress bustforms, and merchandise fixtures and walls.
- Maintain proper lighting in the store and windows to ensure merchandise is highlighted appropriately.
- Deliver proper sizing integrity, ensure availability of sizes, and appropriate size stickering.
- Adhere to uniform folding and hanging standards.
- Execute styling and detailing of all merchandise in accordance with the visual directives.
- Ensure all merchandise is signed correctly and according to Company directed marketing and merchandising updates.
- Identify potential merchandising opportunities and provide creative solutions to the store management team.
- Understand and adhere to all company policies and procedures.
- Must be at least 18 years of age in order to meet after hours and overnight scheduling requirements.
- A minimum high school education or equivalent preferred.
- Previous merchandising experience preferred.
- Proven ability to complete detailed execution of floorsets and/or display changes.
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team.
- Ability to take direction and work independently and with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills specifically with sales leadership team and other associates.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks while working in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Flexibility to work overnight shifts and weekends as required to complete assigned floorset tasks.
- Ability to lift cartons weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Ability to stand and move about for long periods of time; bend, stretch and carry visual props, fixtures, and merchandise.
- Ability to use and stand on ladders.
- Proficient with technology.
AEO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to complying with all federal and provincial equal employment opportunity and human rights laws. AEO prohibits discrimination against associates and applicants for employment because of the individual's race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, family status, disability, a conviction for which a pardon has been granted or any other ground protected by applicable human rights legislation. This applies to all AEO activities, including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, compensation, assignment, training, promotion, performance evaluation, discipline and discharge. AEO also provides reasonable accommodation of religion and disability in accordance with applicable law.
Aerie is bras, undies and more for every girl. We want to make our girls feel good about who they are, inside and out. It's time to think real. It's time to get real. No retouching. No supermodels. Because the real you is sexy.
AMERICAN EAGLE OUTFITTERS is built on more than 38 years of customer focus, dedication, and innovation. The company was founded with one store, in Novi, Michigan, in 1977. Today, we have more than 1,000 stores and 40,000 associates worldwide. With corporate offices across the globe - American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. has built a distinctive global company culture based on our core values People, Integrity, Passion, Innovation, and Teamwork. These values continue to shape our aspirational yet accessible brand identities. American Eagle Outfitters, Inc. operates two distinct lifestyle brands, American Eagle Outfitters and Aerie, both focusing on the 15 25-year-old consumers. We believe that our associates are our most valuable assets and we want them to feel motivated and have the freedom to be themselves at work. We strive to be an employer of choice - a place where people are excited to come to work because they believe in what we do, enjoy working with each other and have fun doing it. If you think this sounds like a fun place to work and grow your career, you're right.