Merchandises and provides superior customer service. Maintains efficient flow of merchandise from the receiving door to the sales floor, experts in product inventory.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Organize backroom product and follow Backroom Inventory Management (BIMI) processes
- Uses PDT and MMS Systems to perform daily tasks (Eg. Cycle Counts, Labels, Signage, etc.)
- As directed, manage Exit Strategy and Product Return (this includes the weekly coordinating with the BBM/ CM/ or Cosmetic Merchandiser to complete the cosmetic exit strategies and inventory to be recovered from Vendors in the Cosmetic Morgue)
- Ensures signage and talkers are printed then take part in execution, including flyers, corporate markdowns, and labels
- Expert in assigned areas of product inventory, product placement, expiry dates, promotion, etc.
- Maintains Store Standard pertaining to image and trends in store
- Ensures product displays are consumer-focused and "shoppable"
- Works with the local food and beverage vendors to ensure proper process adhered to in regards to on the floor merchandising support in upholding a customer-friendly environment
- Completes daily reports in regards to inventory correction and on the floor merchandise discrepancies researched and completed with appropriate shareholders (holding tank, cost anomaly)
- Protects assets in merchandise packaging repairs, where applicable, and couponing for sale versus damage out and reviews all damages and informs FSM to any opportunities to educate and improve Total Loss
- Receives merchandise including Distribution Centre, seasonal, and DSD deliveries in accordance with the receiving policies and procedures
- Maintains a neat and organized backroom according to principles of backroom organization
- Ensures proper documentation is completed concerning the receiving and return of goods
- Supports Front Store Manager/Assistant Front Store Manager in maintaining the quality and standards associated withperishable items as per the Store Standards
- If Post Office on-site, regular coordinating with Post Office Manager to ensure incoming and outgoing mail are handled in a timely and secure manner
- Clean image to the customers in accordance with uniform policy and dress code guidelines (eg. approved uniform and name badge, clean appearance)
- Takes initiative to acknowledge and assist customers in the aisles
- Answers inquiries regarding location of product, rainchecks, PC Optimum
- Complies with all health and safety regulations
- Complies with all Store Standards
- Complies with loss prevention policies and procedures and ensures they are executed throughout the store
- Perform other duties as required including Cash duties
- Planning, Judgement and Decision Making
- Balance of teamwork and efficiency in merchandising and receiving to meet store and customer expectations
- Efficiency, organization and neatness
- Copes with changing situations on the sales floor
- Cash responsibilities (if applicable) require accuracy and efficiency in processing the customer order to meet store and customer expectations
- Some computer and register skills
- Well organized with the ability to record-keeping
- Detail oriented
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to function as part of the team in a fast-paced environment
- Commitment to providing superior customer service
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work flexible shifts which may include nights and weekends
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
- Ability to climb a ladder
With more than 1,250 locally owned and operated stores from coast to coast, the Shoppers Drug Mart®/ Pharmaprix® network is more than a great place to shop, it's a great place to work.
Each store has an Associate-Owner, so you will work for a local business while having the support of a national brand.