The Stock Associate/Merchandising and Team/Sales Associate are the rare breeds of highly organized and efficient individuals. Maintaining an organized stockroom is key to this position. You're also incredibly accurate and meticulous. Reporting to the Operations Manager/Visual Merchandising Manager, you work as part of a very talented team of associates whose main goal is to maintain an efficient stockroom to ensure excellent customer service.
Also in this role, you will be supporting the sales floor in stocking and maintaining store displays. A positive attitude, sense of enthusiasm and ability to multitask are musts for every day.
- Maximize company sales growth and profitability by maintaining the stockroom and sales floor and facilitate the flow of product in order to provide an engaging experience to every customer, every time.
- Perform duties associated with receiving and processing trucks.
- Safely process and assist with customer pick-up orders.
- Safely operate and maintain all stockroom equipment and tools and keep equipment in good working order.
- Assist the Merchandising Manager/Operations Manager to complete essential inventory control functions in an effort to support financial and inventory accuracy.
- Perform general maintenance of the store.
- Maintain lighting in the store.
- Maintain an awareness of the current product in all departments.
- Support and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Actively participate in weekly merchandising meetings, store meetings, and training sessions.
- Promote a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Support an engaged customer experience by maintaining an organized and efficient stockroom.
- Assist and support the execution of the store's seasonal and weekly floor plans under the direction of the
Merchandising Manager/Merchandising Team Lead.
- Maintain awareness and demonstrate a fundamental knowledge of computers, systems, and programs relevant to the position.
- Participate in ongoing training regarding technology upgrades and new systems.
- Stock, Distribution Center or retail experience preferred
- High school diploma/ GED or equivalent preferred
- Good reading, written and verbal language skills (English)
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to maintain flexibility
- Basic math skills
- Ability to move and/ or lift up to 65 pounds: heavier merchandise with team assist
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including weekends and holidays
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. Accommodations available at all stages of the employment process. The job description and other aspects of the job listed in this job posting should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned.
We first opened our doors in 1962 as a family business. A husband and wife team named Gordon and Carole Segal, and one (yes, count them...one) eager sales associate who was enthusiastic about their vision. One can only imagine the office parties they had. Table for three, please. Fast forward 40 years. And did it ever go fast. Today's Crate and Barrel family has grown to 150 stores and over 7,000 associates nationwide. And, we might add, still growing.
Live the Crate and Barrel lifestyle with our exclusive collection of home furnishings and housewares classic to contemporary.