- Crate & Barrel
- Crate & Barrel at 3003 Boulevard le Carrefour
- Assistant Store Manager, Multiple Variants
Maximize company sales growth and profitability by leading the entire store team to execute company plans and strategies to deliver an engaging experience to every customer, every time.
- In collaboration with the Store Manager, manage and delegate workload and ensure execution of plans and strategies across the store and in assigned area.
- Align with the management team on store business goals as well as the company mission, goals and initiatives to all store associates.
- Partner with the Store Manager to establish and communicate all critical metrics and expectations within the store, including but not limited to sales, visual, operations, safety, loss prevention, human resources, payroll/scheduling, and training.
- Analyze reporting daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly and prepare information relating to and/or affecting sales, productivity and budget to communicate to the area, region or national levels.
- Focus on promoting and driving sales as they pertain to, or are driven by, position and acting as the Manager on Duty (MOD).
- Communicate regularly with the management team concerning all aspects of sales, customer feedback/traffic, and associates training/performance. Participate in weekly store walk-throughs with the management team and follow-up as required.
- Collaborate with direct reports promote the customer experience and a strong sense of teamwork by working together safely, effectively, respectfully and efficiently with all associates.
- Coach, teach, train, recognize and manage all aspects of performance and development for all store associates to encourage professional growth and build a bench of talent.
- Ensure all customers are provided gracious, quick and efficient service. Set expectations and model excellent service by exhibiting a positive attitude and enthusiasm toward the job and the company to both internal and external customers in all forms of communication.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent reading and written language skills (English)
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Strong proactive problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to set expectations and hold others accountable
- Strong delegation skills in support of execution and driving results
- Proven ability to build a culture focused on success and teamwork
- 2+ years customer service or retail leadership experience
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Google applications, computer systems and tablet devices
- Associate degree or equivalent preferred
- 4+ years customer service or retail leadership experience preferred
Physical and Visual Activities**
- On a daily basis, must be able to constantly have visual acuity near and far, stand, operate computers/POS/office equipment, move around the facility and communicate. Ability to frequently handle paperwork and/or remain stationary. May occasionally lift, carry, reach, kneel, crawl, push/pull, climb, balance, bend, crouch, twist or have foot controls for operating equipment.
- Movement of product, supplies and/or boxes to and from all levels of the store and stockroom. Ability to move and/or lift up to 65 lbs to a height of 3-4 feet; heavier products with team assist. Furniture: Ability to move up to 300 lbs with appropriate equipment.
- Hot/cold temperature changes, concrete floors, odors, dust and mechanical/electrical/chemical hazards possible
**In accordance with applicable law, associates will be provided with reasonable accommodations as necessary and appropriate to perform the position's requirements.
NOTE: The KRAs and other aspects of the job listed in this job description should not be construed to contain every function/responsibility that may be required to be performed by an associate in this job. Associates are required to perform other related functions as assigned. Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
We first opened our doors in 1962 as a family business. A husband and wife team named Gordon and Carole Segal, and one (yes, count them...one) eager sales associate who was enthusiastic about their vision. One can only imagine the office parties they had. Table for three, please. Fast forward 40 years. And did it ever go fast. Today's Crate and Barrel family has grown to 150 stores and over 7,000 associates nationwide. And, we might add, still growing.
Live the Crate and Barrel lifestyle with our exclusive collection of home furnishings and housewares classic to contemporary.